SIGNATURE MEMBER - Annual Dues $35
In addition to the benefits of Artist membership, Signature members may:
There are two paths to Signature Membership:
- Exhibit artwork in all MPS Signature Member exhibitions;
- Have two images displayed on a Gallery Page on the MPS website;
- Be a "Featured Artist" in the MPS quarterly news update; and
- Serve on the MPS Executive Board.
- Maryland Pastel Society members may submit his or her work to be juried. Not currently a member? You may first become an Artist member ($25), effective immediately online, and then file your application for Signature status. See instructions below.
Opportunity to apply for Signature membership:
- Alternatively, Artist members of the MPS in good standing will automatically achieve Signature membership after being accepted into three MPS juried exhibitions, calculated retroactively to the MPS's 2011 Shades of Pastel show. Eligibility is granted after being accepted into three separate shows; it is not based on the number of paintings juried into any single show.
The MPS Jury Committee reviews images and resumes four times a year and provides its recommendation to the MPS Executive Board for consideration at the Board's quarterly meetings. Meeting dates and application deadlines are listed on our website Calendar. Our membership chair will contact you with the results within a week after the Board accepts the Committee's recommendation. If accepted, you will be sent a link to pay the $10.00 balance via PayPal. If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
Join now as an Artist member for
$25 per calendar year.
|New memberships to the Maryland Pastel Society paid in October, November, or December of a given year will be applied in whole to the following year.|
Click the PayPal button and after your checkout is complete, you will be directed back to this page to complete your Signature application.
|We'd be very pleased to have you as a member of the Maryland Pastel Society|
Apply online now!
Artist Membership $25.00
|MARYLAND PASTEL SOCIETY MEMBERS|
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR SIGNATURE MEMBERSHIP:
|Tip:You may find it helpful to read Principles of Design; the document that the MPS uses when evaluating applications. It may assist you in critiquing your own work prior to submitting it for review.|
|Requirements for artwork: By submitting your application for Signature membership of the Maryland Pastel Society, you attest that the artwork you submit meets all four of the following:|
- Have been executed primarily (51% or more) in soft pastel;
- Be of your own original concept and execution, not derived from any published or created images to which you do not hold the copyright;
- Have not been executed in whole or in part in an instructor-led classroom or workshop setting; and
- Have been completed within the past two years.
|Note about Dues: The annual dues for Signature members are $35.00. If your application is approved, you will be sent a link to pay the $10.00 balance via PayPal.|
|TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY|
A. CREATE a new email from your own email account.
B. INCLUDE in your email:
A one-page resume listing your exhibitions, awards, professional memberships, and art-related education and training. (Attached or Inline.)
Attach 5 - .jpg images to your email, no larger than 1800 pixels on the longest side. Before you attach the files, NAME each one with the title of the painting it represents.
|#3||TITLES & SIZES|
List in your email the title of each image and its size (unframed).
C. SEND your email to:
*The above email address is only a picture, not a link. Clicking on it will not create an email automatically. Copy and paste will not work.
|(see note regarding Spam control*) |
To address and send your email:
Type the Maryland Pastel Society Membership address as it looks in the picture above.